The Top Ten Types of Friends:
Friends are the flowers in the garden of life. Our true Master Gardener plants a variety of seeds and from those grow the people in our world. Some folks are perennials; others are flowering or ornamental, while still others are sturdy trees and some are just plain weeds.
Most of us have a diverse group of friends. Companions for different times in our lives and different situations. You know, like the best friend at ‘work’, the favorite ‘cousin’ friend or the ‘cruise ship’ friend which is like the long ago ‘summer camp’ bestie. Some of these people come and go and some are divine connections that stand the test of time.
In keeping with the Sittin Ugly Sistahs Top Ten Tuesday, here are the Top Ten Types of Friends!
- Little Miss Smarty Pants: This friend is fun, sweet, dependable and smart. Almost too ‘smart’ if you know what I mean. This person knows just enough about everything to expound on each topic and be an expert. Just Ask Them!!! “ A wise man never knows all, only fools know everything.”
2. I Love You More: This friend is sugar and spice and all things nice! Typical responses from I Love You More: “I love your outfit.” “Oh, this? Thanks, but LOOK at you! You always look fabulous!”
“That was a great dinner.” “Not as good as the one you cooked.”
“That was fun!” “That was super fantastic!”
” I love you.” “I love you to the moon and back and then infinity!”
- The Close Talker: This person, unknowingly steps closer to you while talking. They’re space invaders, and while their breath is perfectly minty fresh, it is still unsettling to be inches away from the person you are talking to. Inch by inch….step by step….nose to nose!
- I’m Too Busy!: This buddy is a good guy. Kind, smart and just an all-around nice person, but….they take themselves way too seriously. I’m too busy is: Always sighing. Always tired. Always stressed. Always overwhelmed, overworked, or overwrought. Occasionally the I’m Too Busy will forget that they are, and actually laugh and have fun. They need us to help them lighten up.
5, The Reverse Barometer: Simply put… if this amigo likes a certain movie, restaurant or artist, you probably won’t. Their taste is opposite of yours…totally. And, that’s ok.
- The Pollyanna: Everything has a silver lining! Each meal is delicious! Nothing is ever ‘that bad’. Turn that frown upside down! Don’t worry..be happy! “Every little thing gonna be alright…” Let’s play the Glad game!
- I’ll Never Be Happy and I Don’t Want You To Be Either: Nothing good ever happens to this person. They sum up life by saying, “Only three things are certain in life. You live, die and pay taxes.” This person may not do it on purpose, but if you are around them too much you may get a back ache; the sky may turn cloudy; or the air will be let out of your balloon.
- The Philosopher: This confidant always knows a story or tale to tell about any situation. They can expound on “what you should do” or quote someone famous who has been through what you are going through. They reason, predict, ponder and think about life and living. They are on a higher plain, sometimes just a little above reality!
- The Party: This happy person is always up for an adventure and wherever they go, there’s a party! Being around this sidekick insures laughter, shenanigans, memorable moments and a great story to tell later.
- The Complete Botanical Package: Often our dearest and most cherished friends have one or more of the above listed traits. We are drawn to our BFF’s because of the things we have in common and the amazing way our differences round us out. If friends are the flowers in our gardens, then we must take the time to water, feed and cultivate these precious peeps.
After all, weeds are flowers too once you get to know them.